My name is Megan Dugan. Welcome to my academic portfolio. This site represents the culmination of my learning in the ESU SLIM Oregon MLS program where I spanned cohorts 14 and 15. The overlap was due to my desire to finish the program more quickly - which we called SLIMfast.

I've worked in a library since 1991 when, at the age of 16, I became a page in the Fort Vancouver Regional Library District headquartered in Vancouver, Washington.

After 22 years at FVRL working in public library service, I got the urge to try something new and since 2013 I've managed the academic libraries of Mt. Hood Community College in Gresham, Oregon.

My undergraduate degree is from Washington State University where I was a political science major and criminal justice minor. At one point I seriously considered law school, but instead decided to get married, have two kids and become a yoga teacher. I took quite a long break from formal schooling and my graduate school experience has shown me that it is never too late to continue an education.

I love working in libraries and am dedicated to service in all its flavors. Hopefully you'll get to know me a little bit through the examples of my student work given here. Many of the topics I chose throughout the program curriculum are related to my current work at MHCC and the issues I face each day managing an academic library.

Thanks for visiting my portfolio!

Meg

We have fun!