Professional Ouctome 2: Leadership

"Demonstrate leadership potential, with creativity in problem solving and openness to new ideas."

What does "Leadership" in the Information Professions mean to me...

Many of the collaborative projects assigned in the SLIM program required me to play a leadership role. One of the major projects was the Strategic Plan we created in LI805XS. The project required us to have multiple team meetings, for which I was the "Facilitator" or the person who kept the group "on-task" (though this was easy, as my group was well organized). I created an Adobe Connect room for the group, set-up a Trello board and tried to organize the project in the most efficient way possible. In the end, we all agree that it was one of the best group experiences we had during the program and it really allowed everyone to see the strengths of each team member. 

To me, leadership also means being a leader within the information technology field. Striving to be innovative and creative, while also contributing to the profession is something I take pride in doing. Researching topical issues in library and information science, has helped me throughout the course of my career in libraries and also helped with assignments and discussions during graduate school.