Hi everyone!

My name is Carina and I am a part of the Portland 17 Cohort. 
Welcome to my digital portfolio containing many of my works done during my time in the Emporia State University (ESU) School of Information Management (SLIM) program. 

When I was a kid, my family relied on the library for most of our books, in order to keep up with my hungry appetite for books. As time went on, my interest shifted away from the public library as the school library fulfilled its needs (up until budgets were cut and school librarians became increasingly sparse). In high school, I reconnected with my local library by volunteering and later working there. I loved the feeling of being amongst the stacks again and enjoyed spending my time helping patrons and updating our collections. 

Through my undergraduate studies in Biology and English, I maintained my position with my hometown's library branch during breaks. While I still loved absorbing the scientific wonders of life, I felt my experience working in Biology fieldwork was lacking compared to my work in libraries. As I graduated from undergrad, I decided to return to my roots at the library.

Throughout my studies in Emporia's SLIM Program, I have been volunteering with the Multnomah County Library and have interned for Beaverton City Library's Youth Services department. I can't wait to find out what the next library I'll call home will be.

Also, sorry if some of my artifacts are comically long... My science background trained me to write 20-page long reports. Facts are everything!