"Without libraries, what have we?  We have no past and no future." ~Ray Bradbury

Welcome! Thank you for viewing my capstone portfolio.  Here you will see a selection of projects I completed for my master's degree program at Emporia State University's School of Library & Information Management (SLIM).

I have lived in Colorado all my life, although I enjoy travel and exploration!  I attended the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley, Colorado, where I earned my BA in English.  I believe in the power of building community, and that libraries provide excellent opportunities to do it.  I grew up enjoying the public library in my small mountain town, and I raised my own childen to use and appreciate the library as well!

I have worked as a Library Associate at the Carbon Valley Regional Library in Firestone, Colorado for the past year, and before that, as a library associate at Chappelow K-8 Arts Magnet School in Evans, Colorado.  Each day I have the privilege to invest in my patrons.  I enjoy being able to introduce children to the wonder and empowerment of reading, as well as assisting adult patrons to locate resources and access technology.  I loved my time in a school setting, and I have enjoyed growing further as a public librarian.

I graduated from Emporia's SLIM program with my master's degree in Library and Information Science in December of 2018.  I have seen how essential public libraries are to people from all backgrounds.  It is my mission to bring excellent resources and services to everyone who walks through the library doors and out into the community to meet needs wherever they exist.  I believe that to have a prosperous community and a well-fuctioning democracy, everyone must have access to good information at all times!

Again, thank you for taking the time to look at my work!

"If information is the currency of democracy, then libraries are the banks." ~Wendell Ford