Hello,

My name is Amy Currier, and I want to welcome you to my capstone portfolio for Emporia State University's School of Library and Information Science (SLIM) Master of Library Science (MLS) program! Thank you for taking the time to review the work I completed while at SLIM. The artifacts I have chosen to include demonstrate my understanding of and ability to apply SLIM's program outcomes and professional values. I am excited to announce my December 2018 graduation from the program with my MLS degree.

I decided at a young age that librarians had the best job in the world; surely they read all day long, surrounded by mountains of books. Of course, I now know that there is much more to librarianship than books. I have chosen librarianship because of its service aspect. I love helping patrons have “yes” experiences that brighten their days, whether that is giving a friendly smile, providing assistance with an information need, or even creating bibliographic records that allow patrons to easily access their desired resources.

I currently work for a small community college library as a Library Technician where I enjoy being a jack-of-all-trades, taking on roles from acquisitions to cataloging, reference services to marketing. While I have also worked in several public libraries, I truly enjoy the atmosphere of my small academic library and would like to pursue a career in academic librarianship. I am eager to begin my career in this incredibly important profession and am thankful for my time with SLIM. 

To review the different segments of my portfolio, please navigate using the top menu.